Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 Days Of Christmas: Mass at Dawn (Simbang Gabi)



Today is the 1st day of "simbang gabi" (mass at dawn). This is a senile Christmas Tradition that we (filipinos) heed & accustom since Spanish era. This "simbang gabi" starts from December 16- 24 (total of  9 mornings mass). Its been said that only Philippines have this "simbang gabi "in the whole world (compared to other christian/ catholic country). And there's a belief that once that we accomplish the said tradition, "make a wish & will be granted ^__^

As I rise this morning (2:30 am) I brace myself for this occasion. And It was 3:45am when my mame (mom) & I  departed from our home. There are so many people attended, then the mass onset at 4:30am (why?? it should be 4am, to bad...) 

The homily was good :) and the presiding priest correlate the 9 mornings of mass to a 9 months conceived of Mary with Jesus. The priest had many stories as paradigm in the homily. For me it should be enthusiastic (coz I feel sleepy, for others as well ^__^) if the priest expression was lively.

After the mass, I hurriedly went back to sleep because I feel dizzy (not enough sleep yesterday :D). Thank God this day was over and 8 more days to complete ^__^.

No comments:

Post a Comment